Our team entirely consists of volunteers, and we always welcome help!
Here are the current volunteer roles in need of support:
Social Media Team
- Create social media posts on Instagram/Facebook including static images, Reels, Stories. An eye for social trends and knowledge of analytics is helpful.
- Support Community Managers as needed.
- Remote role.
- Manage comments and DMs on Instagram/Facebook and additional platforms. Delegate actionable responses with appropriate ACP volunteers and follow up in a timely manner.
- Remote role.
Marketing & Events Team
- Coordinate pre- and post-production logistics for events as well as set up, event run and breakdown.
- Solicit potential event partners/sponsors and coordinate participation details.
- Must have reliable transportation for site visits, event day and any post-event tasks.
- Manage online store platforms.
- Manage ACP website and social media integrations with online store.
- Provide monthly updates on sales and analytics.
- Inventory management of any physical merchandise for storage and in-person events.
Trapping and Transport Team
- This works requires training, passion for cats, tireless energy, lack of timidity, a flexible schedule or ability to work on trapping after work hours, a dependable vehicle, ability to lift, carry, and transport traps, carriers, and cats in traps and carriers. Prior experience is preferred, but training and mentoring will be provided. Note: most of our trapping needs are south of downtown.
- Early morning transport of cats to clinic in Lynnwood, Washington. Note: this may require holding the cats overnight in traps or carriers the night before clinic at your home or garage. Check in time is currently 7:30 AM.
Kennel Care and Cleaning:
- Cleaning kennels, litter boxes, traps, carriers, sweep and mop floor. Frequency depends on demand, linked to trapping efforts. Location: Magnolia
VOLUNTEER DUTIES AND DESCRIPTIONS Here are some of the things we do. Check back often as our needs change, especially during kitten season.
Capture – Do you have a car and flexibility during the evening hours? Capturing cats works best in the evening when cats are hungry and active.
Holding and Drop off – Are you an early riser with a car and enclosed garage, shed, or basement? If so, you’re a great candidate to help transport cats to the Spay/Neuter clinic in Lynnwood on weekdays and Sunday mornings.
Pickup and Recovery – Do you have a car and flexible schedule during the day? You could help picking up cats after their surgeries and keeping them warm for one or two days while they recover.
Fostering Kittens – Want to tame a wild kitten to have a better life? If you have prior experience working with kittens, are patient and living in a calm and stable environment, and are home most days or evenings, then you may be a great candidate to help a little kitten learn to trust people. Kittens born to stray mothers can be socialized within the first few weeks of their life.
Working Cats Program – We help unwanted adult cats find permanent homes in warehouses, breweries, and other places where mousers are needed. If you don’t mind driving moderate distances, and want the thrill of matching people with working cats, this might be a great opportunity for you.